My Top 3 Fav Brocantes in Paris!
Dear Diva Readers,
ach fall and spring you hear me wax on about the famed Foire Nationale à la Brocante et au Jambon in the Parisian suburb of ile de Chatou, but I fear I’ve been neglecting my duties. While I love the National Fair of the Flea Market and Ham, I have 2 other Parisian brocantes – traveling flea markets – that also get my blood pumping with the same degree of diva fever – and you’re in luck, they’re on soon in Paris!
Top 3 Paris Brocantes:
1) Foire Nationale à la Brocante et aux Jambon (next dates 23 Sep-2 Oct 2011)
2) Antiquities Brocante at Place de Bastille (THIS WEEK May 19-29, 2011 and Nov 4-13, 2011)
3) Antiquities Brocante at St Sulpice (Next Month: June 8-19, 2011)
That’s right – one of my all time favorite markets is on RIGHT NOW in PARIS – The Antiquities Brocante at Place de Bastille is THIS WEEK May 19-29, 2011! If you’re in the city of light, you’d best get shopping!!! To find out all the diva details read my column “Ask The Antiques Diva” in the Bonjour Paris newsletter to find out what sorts of treasures you’ll find at the 480+ vendors selling at this fair!
And should you miss this event, have no fear! Mark your calendar for the fall when the fair is back again this Nov 4-13, 2011!
And speaking of marking your calendar, next month on one of the chicest squares in town – the Place St Sulpice (of Da Vinci Code fame) – there will be a smaller but oh-so-lovely flea market fair with about 110 vendors selling perfect pieces from Paris from June 8-19th. An antique dealer friend (who shall remain nameless lest I give all his secrets away) swears by this fair as his source for the best items in his store – plus, he claims that he’s rubbed shoulders on more than one occasion with the squares most famous resident, Madame Catherine Deneuve, whose penthouse apartment overlooks the fair!
Now readers, I have one question for you – Do you have any favorite Brocantes in Paris?? If so, share the details!!!
The Antiques Diva®
Latest posts by Toma Clark Haines (see all)
- Ara Vintage Jewelry Presented by TCH Collection – Lush Decadence - January 17, 2018
- Meet Mariska Meijers, Our New Amsterdam Antiques Diva Guide - January 14, 2018
- Chic Packing and Vintage Chanel: How to Get Respect in Paris - January 10, 2018