Alfies 40th Anniversary Party in London
Everyone knows that I love a good party, and will use any excuse to celebrate! Champagne anyone? One of my favorite English antique institution, Alfies, is celebrating their 40th anniversary! To commemorate this occasion, they’re running several activities this month in conjunction with the London Design Festival.
Even though I can’t be in London this month, as I’m traveling in Asia setting up our new Antiques Diva Asia Tours #WatchThisSpace, our English Diva Agent Gail McLeod is on the ground and in command leading a special VIP GROUP tour for one of our favourite clients, Modenus. Founder of Modenus, Veronika Miller is a dear friend and she brings a group of clients – including bloggers, designers and dealers – over each year during London Design Week as part of Design Hounds.
The Antiques Diva segment of their London tour will be on 21 & 22 September and our plan first is to whisk them off to Martin Johnson’s fabulous new warehouse he has opened in Lewis with the lovable Fontaine boys for an exclusive behind the scenes glimpse in the best of the decorative antiques trade in England. And then the next day Gail – aka the Commander in Chic – will take them to Alfies and the Antiques Young Guns pop-up and the Church Street dealers. Sadly the Design Hounds have to dash before the Alfies party begins… but if you watch the #DesignHounds on Instagram you can get a glimpse into this VIP DIVA TOUR!
Besides the 40th Anniversary Party at Alfies, there are several other events taking place this week in London, and we’ve got the run down of must-Diva-do’s!
September Events to Celebrate Alfies London 40th Anniversary
- Pop-up Residency from London Glassblowing
- 20th Century Glass with Mark Hill
- Fashion Through the Ages with Leslie Verrinder of Tin Tin Collectables
- Thirteen Upholstery Workshop Demonstration
If you find yourself in London be sure to check out the pop-up shops featuring several Antiques Young Guns dealers, many of whom are AD&CO friends and vendors! Even if you’re not able to be in London, check out their websites below.
AYG members standing at the pop-up shop are:
- Lily Johnston of Bombe Antiques
- Matthew Wise of Cubbit Antiques
- Edd Thomas of Eddintheclouds Antiques
- Jason Clarke of Jason Clarke Antiques
- Stephanie Connell of Stepannie Connell Art & Antiques
- Eddy Toshi Ishikawa Wertheim of The Japanese Gallery
- Ishmael Khan of Ishy Antiques
- Jon Irvine of Jon Irvine Antiques
And last but not least – Rumor has it Design Hounds will be joining me in Asia to kick off the new year… if you’re interested in joining that VIP GROUP TOUR make sure to contact either me or Veronika @ Modenus.
Toma Clark Haines, The Antiques Diva®
Latest posts by Toma Clark Haines (see all)
- The Antiques Diva Takes Over: HPMKT Trendspotter - October 17, 2017
- Southern Style Now: See You in Savannah! - October 11, 2017
- Special 1st-Ever Group Antiques Tour to Round Top Texas Flea Market - October 8, 2017