Why You Should Choose an International Shipper Who Specializes in Antiques (and not a Regular Shipper)
When shipping antiques you must have safe and secure transportation of fragile and valuable goods:
- Custom crating and packaging in protective materials
- Exploration of the best method to transport your goods
- Detailed documentation for customs and VAT paperwork concerning the export and import documentation necessary for your goods, including Certificates of Origin and an itemized, detailed packing list including descriptions and weights using the international coding system
- Understanding of fumigation requirements of your container
- Insurance for the shipped goods from door-to-door
- Expertise on international exporting and importing antiques including taxes and duties
- Monitoring and communications on the status of your shipment
- Relationships with international shipping regulatory agencies and a network of shippers
- they are experts at packing fragile and valuable goods
- they understand the cost/benefits of transport by land versus sea versus air
- they’re experienced in the detailed and specific documentation required for exporting and importing antiques
- they have worked with international shipping government regulatory offices in other countries
- they have relationships with transport companies in other countries
- they are specialists in shipping logistics and can accurately monitor and report shipment status
AD&CO Logistics Shipping Concierge Services
AD&CO Logistics, a service of The Antiques Diva & Co, provides white glove art and antiques transport and shipping services to customers across Europe and around the globe, including antiques dealers, interior designers, builders and private clients. AD&CO partners with a premier international shipping company with 50 years expertise in shipping services. Your shipping concierge will personally manage all facets of your shipment including collecting your goods from the dealers, tracking your inventory and payments, cross-referencing your tags, packing, complete all export/import paperwork and monitor your shipment’s progress from the time we receive your goods until they are delivered to you; and keep you advised of the status of your shipment.
Our bespoke shipping services will provide you with tags, labels and instructions to identify and inventory your purchases at the dealer or on your buying tour, and our shipping concierge is always available to respond to our customers before, during and after your shipment.
At The Antiques Diva we offer one-stop, turnkey antiques sourcing, buying and shipping services. AD&CO Logistics shipping services offer very competitive rates and the shortest possible handling and shipping time to deliver your goods from the antiques dealer to your door.
I’d love to discuss your international antiques shipping needs: contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Toma Clark Haine – The Antiques Diva®
How do I handle international shipping customs for antiques?
The Antiques Diva® & Co is pleased to offer art and antiques shipping services from Europe to destinations around the globe. AD&CO Logistics has partnered with a premier international shipping company with 50 years expertise in shipping services. Your shipping concierge will personally manage all facets of your shipment including collecting your goods from the dealers, tracking your inventory and payments, cross-referencing your tags, packing, complete all export/import paperwork and monitor your shipment’s progress from the time we receive your goods until they are delivered to you; and keep you advised of the status of your shipment.
How To Import Antiques from Europe: Customs Frequently Asked Questions
At AD&CO Logistics, we prepare the official international shipping customs documentation that allows your goods to leave the European Union:
Once arriving at the destination port, the client will need to have a customs broker. If you do not have a customs broker we will appoint one for you. If you have your own customs broker you are welcome to use your own broker for this process.
- Import duties (taxes) are calculated based on the following:
- Each item is categorized according to an international system of numbers pertaining to materials.
- Each item is dated. For example, if an item is greater than 100 years old, no import tax is assessed.
- The customs process varies – it is always a risk that the customs at the destination port will decide to check the entire ship. If this happens – and there is no way to predict when it will – it creates additional costs as well as time delays. This is a random security check.
- Customs may choose to x-ray crates to see the contents and the client is obliged to pay those costs… for example, an x-ray may cost approx. $200 and there is no choice but to pay it. The customs broker works on your behalf through this process keeping you informed.
- If the entire ship is being checked, then all the scheduled unloading and deliveries will be subsequently delayed. Which could then overlap when other ships come into port, causing further congestion.
- Taxes are state-driven, not federal. Which means the amount of tax due will vary depending on the destination port.
- Import duties (taxes) are calculated based on the following:
For more questions about AD&CO Logistics international art and antiques shipping services,
visit our FAQ page.
Request a Quote
FAX: +32 (0)3 283 73 49 MOBILE: +32 (0)478
Antiques Diva Shipping Services
When purchasing valuable, one-of-a-kind or fragile antiques or art, one of the first questions our clients ask is how to pack and crate antiques for international shipping. In addition to The Antiques Diva & Co in-house, turnkey antiques shipping services AD&CO Logistics, we also offer antique warehousing and shipping liaison services, and work on your behalf with your shipper to meet your transportation needs.
This gorgeous table was purchased by an Antiques Diva antique buying tour client who contracted AD&CO Logistics to pack and crate it for international shipment, along with her other purchases.
la Vendange: Antique French Wine Tasting Table
The wine tasting table had the following specifications:
- antique French wine tasting table with tilt-top
- 86cm diameter x 67cm height
- 10 kg weight
- traveling from Europe to the US
- prepare for international shipment
- to be picked up by client’s transport company
This beautiful antique French wine tasting table was purchased on an Antiques Diva buying tour.
Fragile, valuable and one-of-a-kind pieces are carefully cushioned and protected for international transport. Our AD&CO Logistics expert team carefully built a custom crate to protect the table from damage during shipment.
Our team of international shipping experts have been packing, crating and shipping antiques for over 50 years, to destinations around the globe.
Our shipping concierges understand you have unique needs and requirements. We will work with you to provide a solution to your international shipping needs. Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about international shipping.
The crate is wrapped tightly in a special black foil to protect it from rain damage during transport.
Request a Quote Today
FAX: +32 (0)3 283 73 49 MOBILE: +32 (0)478 01 01 01
When you’re traveling overseas and shopping for antiques you have a few options on how to ship antiques home from abroad. In addition to Antiques Diva shipping services, here are some other ways to ship antiques home from abroad. For more information on Antiques Diva tours and services, see our FAQs.
Toma Clark Haines, The Antiques Diva