The Antiques Diva: Your Dirty Little Secret
Have you ever wondered where the worlds leading antiques dealers, interior designers – and mere antiques lovers – go to source fabulous, unique and authentic antiques? The secret: The Antiques Diva® & Co.
Buying antiques is not difficult. Anyone who can google can find an antique store to shop. The trick is in knowing with 1000’s and 1000’s of options – where to go – which dealer has the best inventory, the best prices, who offers the biggest discount, who is prone to having “reproductions” mislabeled as period pieces, who has hidden warehouses full of antiques never put online. The trick is in knowing that person (moi) who has the best little black book of antiquing sources – who has every dealer worth his salt on speed dial – who can get you after-hour appointments with dealers in their private homes or advance access to inventory before it hits the big trade fairs.
When buying antiques it is challenging :
- finding the best antiques dealers in Europe and Asia (they’re usually not online) – plus US secret sources where interior designers shop
- identifying if antiques are authentic – their provenance and history – and if they’re period, how that impacts their value
- how to spot damage, repairs and identify fakes (sadly purchasing antiques is caveat emptor – buyer be ware!)
- knowing what to pay for antiques and how to bargain for a better price, and for dealers what return you can expect on your investment
- spotting a great piece or exceptional value: something unique that tells a story
- shipping your purchases back home without damage
How do dealers and designers find antiques treasures? Shhhhh… The Antiques Diva is their dirty little secret!
At The Antiques Diva® we provide antiques sourcing, buying and shipping services in Europe, Asia and America: one-stop turnkey antiques services on 3 continents. We offer four service tiers, providing you one-stop turnkey antiques services in Europe and Asia. I recently sat down with Steven Favreau of Favreau Design, and filmmaker Fabien Prauss to explain what we do at AD&CO – and how we are the ONLY antiques sourcing service to offer complete turnkey antiques sourcing services:
Video Transcript: Steven Favreau interviews Toma Clark Haines, The Antiques Diva
Steven: My name is Steven Favreau with Favreau Design and I have a dirty little secret: this is the Diva of all Divas, everybody’s secret little weapon when it comes to finding just the right antiques: the diva of all diva’s, Antiques Diva Toma Clark Haines has invited me to be with her today and I’m thrilled.
Hello Toma, it’s a pleasure to have you!
Toma: Thank you so much for having me as your guest!
Latest posts by Toma Clark Haines (see all)
- Be Intentional: Moving Forward While Embracing the Past - November 16, 2019
- The Art of Procrastinating Wisely - October 4, 2019
- Paris Fête des Puces 2019: Puces Mon Trésor - September 1, 2019