The Antiques Diva Guest Blogging Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in becomin a guest blogger on The Antiques Diva website!
Every article will be reviewed to see if the content will interest our audience, and is a useful or informative topic. Only article submitted following these guidelines will be considered for the Antiques Diva Blog.
If your blog post is accepted, we will feature you by linking to your personal site, posting a bio and photo, linking to your social media, and promoting your piece through our own social network sites. We encourage our bloggers to share their posts and link to it from their sites as well. The more buzz we can mutually build behind your contribution, the more successful it will be in getting exposure for you.
We accept two types of guest blogs:
- Written blogs
- Video blogs with a short written intro and description
Written Blog Guidelines
All blogs must be original content not previously published on other sites. You will be asked to sign a release verifying that you have the right to share the blog content including any images.
- The Antiques Diva shares guest posts on topics related to buying, caring for, and living with antiques and vintage.
- Give actionable advice. Each blog piece should have practical, tactical information for the reader.
- All posts must be visual. See this article on visual blog posts: 8 Ways to Make Your Blog Post More Visual.
- Each post must have a featured image that is 800pixels wide.
- You must include a photo for your author bio.
- Your author bio must be 1-2 sentences long, and include links to your website and social media sites.
- Guest blogs can be any length, but 300-1500 words are optimal.
- Please have a syndication strategy after your post goes live so that your blog post gets as much traffic as possible.
- Please have only one link to your business in the body of the blog, and only 3-5 links to other sites in your blog. You may have additional links in the author bio to your website and social media sites.
- We do not accept blogs that have been previously published. If you have something you’ve already written you feel would be a good fit it would need to be repurposed for the blog or it will hurt both your site and ours. Two weeks after publication on The Antiques Diva you may repost your material on your own blog or elsewhere provided you supply a linkback and credit. The linkback and credit will help prevent your site from being downgraded by search engines as “republished” material.
Video Blog Guidelines
A video is a great way to share information with our Antiques Diva readers. We welcome videos that can be inserted into our WordPress blog.
Your videos do not have to be professionally filmed and produced: videos made with your smartphone can be very effective. However, for the convenience of our readers we can only accept videos with audio that can be easily understood and have strong, clear lighting.
Follow all the same guidelines apply as for written blog guidelines, with these additions:
- Video formats can be YouTube, Vimeo, iPhone or Android
- Videos should be accompanied by a written introduction that explains what the viewer is going to see and learn, who is speaking, and where the video is filmed
- Each video blog should have a title
- You video blog should be from 90 seconds to 5 minutes long
- Your video can have a brief introduction with your name and business: but we cannot use videos that include a long sales pitch.