top:2px;padding-right:5px;font-family:times;”>Coco Chanel said, “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” And apparently, I’m half way there! Fellow expat La Mom, a sensationally witty and stylish Paris-based blogger, awarded The Antiques Diva™ with the “Your Blog is Fabulous” Award!
While the blog award does carry with it certain criteria (see below) La Mom chose to give her 10 awards to blogs in a certain category: French-themed blogs (decorating/ fashion/ cooking/ lifestyle tips or wine tasting info). The Antiques Diva squeezed in under the radar because though I no longer live in Paris I do love “gaie” Paris and write frequently about it. As La Mom put it, “The Antiques Diva is not a 100% Frenchy-themed blog, but she knows her Parisian antiques so that’s good enough for winning this award!”
Now I’m nominating the following 10 blogs for being fabulous too… Though my criteria is a bit a different. These are blogs I’ve stumbled across in recent months for a variety of reasons – the first 5 are my recent “haunts” where I’ve been lurking in my downtime and the last 5 are sites written by expats in Germany that I’m frequenting due to my recent move to Berlin.
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 111px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVOqNU0jI/AAAAAAAACns/RXMtQxaOj1I/s320/peeking+through+sunflowers.jpg” border=”0″ />1) Peeking Through The Sun Flowers is written by a Kansas-based blogger who has a great eye for interior décor! Her toto-were-not-in-kansas-anymore.html” target=”_blank”>recent home makeover featured on Cote de Texas blog is down-right delicious and is serving as inspiration for me as I decorate my new home in Berlin.
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 144px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVD5uBhGI/AAAAAAAACnc/ZH3-HvlS–A/s320/French+Garden+House.bmp” border=”0″ /> 3) French Garden House Blog – Blogger Lidy Baar is a woman after my own heart. Growing up in Europe, she developed a passion for antiques with patina and charm and now sells her antiques and vintage treasures via her virtual shop specializing in Romantic Décor with French flair.
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 132px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVDTxxGSI/AAAAAAAACnE/Hnh3gd5gA6A/s320/a+fanciful+twist.jpg” border=”0″ />
4) A Fanciful Twist – I’ve only just recently discovered blogger Vanessa Valencia through a comment she left on my site and I’m smitten by her writing and her incredible collection of artwork for sale in her private gallery. Vanessa describes herself as feeling like a “a strange and curiously artistic woman from the 1800’s trapped in the body of a thirty year old girl living in a bizarre Arizona” .
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 134px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaVqBUub4RI/AAAAAAAACos/vM129X25Ii8/s320/j+de+sante+fe.jpg” border=”0″ />
5) Studio Judith– J de Sante Fe – Another blog that’s a recent discovery and on my list of regular reads is written by an Interior Designer of Park Avenue Penthouses, Airstream Trailers and a variety of other residential and commercial venues. She’s a mixed media artist and an observer of the glorious contradictions which make life interesting and amusing. And though I’ve only just discovered her, I adore her already.
Since I’ve just moved to Berlin, I am currently exploring the German Expat Blog scene – thus I wanted to award a few of my favorite finds with this Fabulous Blog Award!
to 10px; WIDTH: 90px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 103px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVOstA87I/AAAAAAAACnk/ercS9oKsbvY/s320/making+this+home.jpg” border=”0″ />6) Making this Home – Just before moving to Berlin, toriancobweb.blogspot.com/” target=”_blank”>Victorian Cobweb tuned me onto this blog which details how one American is “making her home” in Germany – she gives great tips on to-live-in-europe/” target=”_blank”>everything from how to save money living in Europe to to-our-ceiling-wondering-how-that-title-could-sound-fun/” target=”_blank”>hanging wallpaper on the ceiling and to-breathe/” target=”_blank”>watching the water meter!
to 10px; WIDTH: 227px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 154px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVDvokcII/AAAAAAAACnU/nPJARNL6_2I/s320/Cultural+Comparisons.bmp” border=”0″ />
7) Germany from an American Perspective is written by an expat with the intent to share interesting comparisons between American and German culture.
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 163px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVDiBzM1I/AAAAAAAACnM/H0RVomSjiCc/s320/American+Dresdner.png” border=”0″ />
8) American Dresdner written by a Mormon girl from Idaho who currently lives in Dresden with her mad scientist husband.
to 10px; WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 62px; TEXT-ALIGN: center” alt=”” src=”http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kcTb8DnPVW4/SaUVWj16cZI/AAAAAAAACoM/SveB1_DOlNI/s320/this+non+american+life.jpg” border=”0″ />9) This Non-American Life written
by a travel-addicted American expatriate artist who has lived in Italy, Germany, and Switzerland… and is now settling in after a move from Zurich to Munich.
Now, Fabulous Blogger Recipients – there are a few rules that come with being “Fabuleuse!”
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which you think are fabulous.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Have a Fabulous Day!
The Antiques Diva™